Body Beautiful back
- When you are frightened, your hair automatically stands on end. This is an ancient biological reaction designed to frighten away attackers by making you look taller.
- The hair of an adult can stretch 25% without breaking. If a human hair were the thickness of nylon rope, it could support a train engine.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toenails, but thumbnails grow the slowest.
- About two-thirds of a person’s body weight is water.
- Humans shed and re-grow outer skin cells about every 27 days - that’s almost 1000 new skins in a lifetime!
- The life cycle of a taste bud is about 10 days, but the cells are constantly growing back, roughly one every 10 hours.